Science in the USA
Explore natural wonders and man-made marvels
A 15 day itinerary designed specifically for students of the sciences. The USA is on the cutting edge of modern day scientific research and this tour exposes students to latest techniques direct from the experts. Explore natural wonders with visits to the immense Grand Canyon and steaming Mount St Helens with expert local guides. Participate in workshops on the Properties of Motion or Energy at Waves at Disneyland. Explore man-made marvels such as Hoover Dam and the Golden Gate Bridge. Learn direct from the experts at NASA, Boeing and Silicon Valley. Focus on sustainability with visits to Las Vegas Springs Reserve and in San Francisco.
Summary itinerary and highlights
- Day 1: Depart Australia and arrive Los Angeles.
- Days 2-3: Los Angeles. Explore the California Science Center and participate in a workshop at Disneyland Anaheim.
- Days 4-5: Flagstaff (Grand Canyon). Drive through the Mohave Valley and visit the Flagstaff Observatory. Learn about the natural history, ecology and geology of the Grand Canyon with a park ranger.
- Days 6-8: Seattle. Visit Hoover Dam and Las Vegas Springs Reserve before flying to Seattle. Tour Boeing’s ‘The Future of Flight’ and explore Mount St Helens National Park.
- Days 9-12: San Francisco. See Union Square and the Golden Gate Bridge. Go behind the scenes at the California Academy of the Sciences to see a working laboratory. Visit the NASA AMES Exploration Center and the museum of science, art and human perception, the ‘Exploratorium.’ Tour through Silicon Valley.
- Days 13-15: Travel days from San Francisco to Australia.