Drama Teacher Tour: NYC and LA January 2018
45 hours of accredited professional development
Academy Travel is delighted to present an outstanding professional development opportunity for Australian Drama teachers. This 12-day program is designed to enhance your knowledge and classroom skills in key areas related to the teaching of senior students of HSC Drama and allows for excellent networking opportunities.
The itinerary includes expert workshops and briefings that focus on the development of making, performing and critically studying different dramatic forms.
Participants will learn a range of skills in teaching and understanding the dramatic form of realism and its practitioners through hands-on experience.
Teachers will engage in a range of live theatrical experiences and workshop critical thinking strategies with professional reviewers and directors in the analysis of the semiotics of theatre.
In most cases this tour will be fully tax deductible for full or part time Drama teachers. Please speak to your tax agent for professional advice. Some teachers may be able to have all or part of the tour fee subsidised by their school’s professional development program.
Academy Travel is endorsed to provide QTC Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher level. Completing this study tour program will contribute 45 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.1.2, 6.2.2, 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Summary itinerary and highlights
12-day itinerary, 7th-18th January 2018
8 nights in New York
- Attend 6 performances, including mainstream Broadway stage drama, cutting-edge/experimental shows, The Met Opera, a musical and off-Broadway.
- Learn from industry professionals such as the Stella Alder Studio of Acting.
- Develop your analytical skills through pre- and post-performance seminars.
- Visit a performing arts school and the Lincoln Center.
- Learn about the history of New York’s theatre district.
3 nights in Los Angeles
- Attend an Improv LA workshop and performance.
- Join the audience for the taping of a TV show.
- Visit Hollywood, the Walk of Fame and the famous TCL Chinese Theater.
- Tour Warner Bros Studios and experience the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios.
Please download the itinerary for full details and booking information.