Art and Design Teachers: New York July 2018
8th-18th July 2018
Academy Travel is delighted to present an outstanding professional development opportunity for current teachers of art and design, student teachers and those with a keen interest in art and design. This program is designed to cover key learning outcomes from the HSC courses of Visual Arts and Design and Technology. Moreover, this study tour will provide teachers at any stage of teaching in the creative arts with the chance to enhance their own skills and develop new classroom strategies.
The itinerary is based in New York City, an international hub of the arts scene. It includes visits to galleries, walking tours with local experts, lectures and workshops. At times, the group will split in order to provide specialised activities for teachers in both art and design.
Professional development on this carefully planned program will be provided by Katie Waud and Craig Malyon, senior teachers well known in the Visual Arts and Design field. They will provide workshops and facilitate collegial discussions on best teaching practice. In addition, the itinerary includes a series of guided tours and site visits with experts. There is also time at leisure for sightseeing and soaking up the local culture.
Summary itinerary and highlights
• 10 nights accommodation at the Hotel Edison Manhattan in twin-share rooms with ensuite facilities
• All breakfasts and 4 dinners
• 7-Day Unlimited public transport pass
• All entrance fees as per itinerary
• Local guides, lectures and workshops as per itinerary
• Art and design kit with 2 visual diaries, collection of drawing and illustration mediums, scissors and glue
• Tipping for included services
• Academy Travel document wallet and luggage tag