Visual and Performing Arts in the USA
A diverse cultural program for Visual and Performing Arts students
This 13 day tour, specifically designed for students of theatre, drama, dance and visual art, engages students with a diverse cultural program, including skill-based workshops, gallery and museum visits and attendance at a range of performances. Students of Visual Arts will investigate some of the world’s best collections. Highlights include the Art Institute of Chicago, the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. Students of Theatre and Drama develop skills in practical workshops in Chicago and New York. Dance workshops are also available depending on the composition of the group. All students will have the opportunity to attend performances in Chicago, Washington and New York and enjoy rich cultural and sightseeing experiences in three great American cities.
Summary itinerary and highlights
- Day 1: Depart Australia. Arrive Chicago later the same day.
- Day 2-3: Chicago. Walk through Millennium Park and visit the Art Institute of Chicago. Improvisation workshop at Chicago iO. Attend a performance of the legendary Steppenwolf Theater Company and Chicago iO for a night of improvised comedy.
- Day 4-6: Washington. Visit the White House, US Capitol, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial, just some of the iconic landmarks. Explore the National Gallery of Art. Attend a performance at the Kennedy Center.
- Day 7-10: New York. Students will visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Art and Design. Performing arts students will attend a Broadway Classroom workshop, take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Lincoln Center and visit NBC television studios.
- Day 11-13: Depart New York, on flight, crossing the International Date Line, arrive Australia.