Academy Travel is an Australian-owned travel company, dedicated to providing tailored small group journeys for individuals and associations.
Our school and university program comprises around 30 tours per year for Australian schools. School tours focus on specific subject areas, using our knowledge of school syllabus requirements.
Academy Travel’s focus is on providing a well thought-out quality learning experience for students. We have a team of Australian and UK-based academic experts who work on site with students at many destinations. A professional team of tour managers, experienced in the needs of students and the requirements of schools, travels with each group.
The Academy Travel schools team consists of dedicated Product Managers and Consultants who are able to personally manage your tour from our Sydney office, ensuring the highest quality of service and attention. We also have an office in Rome to oversee our European operations on a day-to-day basis. In other destinations we have a network of suppliers with whom we have worked for over a decade.
Academy Travel are accredited members of:
Why choose Academy Travel?
Over the years Academy Travel has become recognised for the quality of its school tours, and most of our schools are repeat clients.
Several features of our operations make our services stand out:
- We have a team of academic experts on site at major destinations, providing relevant, accurate information and bringing the sites to life with their enthusiasm.
- We have our own company (Academy Europe) based in Rome and managing ground operations in Europe, ensuring quality control.
- We use trained and experienced tour managers who travel with each group, employed directly by Academy Travel, not a third party.
- A team of local expert guides, selected over many years, able to work effectively with students.
- All hotels, restaurants and sites are personally inspected by Academy Travel staff.
- The right-sized company: big enough to provide professional services of the highest level, but small enough to provide personalised service to each school and each traveller.
- Fully documented risk management, hotel details and cost breakdowns to assist with official approval processes.
- All inclusive pricing with no hidden extras.
Although we have developed a program of popular itineraries, we are able to tailor each tour to the specific needs of individual schools. We work with you to develop a tour that suits your school, students and teaching program. Our tours have flexibility in group size – itineraries and prices are modelled on a group size of 20-25, however we have experience managing groups from 10 to 80 participants.
Plus we come to you! Academy Travel staff attend an information evening for students, parents and staff, and a pre-departure meeting at your school anywhere in Australia.